Meet Tag

Welcome to my Blog of "TAG" he has brought so much joy to my life. I have learned alot about the sport of AGILITY. Tag is my first Agility dog and when I went Shopping for a strong, driven, fast Border Collie.... BOY OH BOY did I get it. He is very driven, has extreme intensity and is the speed of light. Tag is 4 years old and we have been training together since he was 8 weeks old... I'm very proud of our accomplishments the past 4 years as we had many hurdles to jump. I have been very thankful for the great support system that I have. My team has encouraged me through every training session, every trial and seminar. Plus the support system I have at home makes it all possible :)

Saturday, July 25, 2009

READY and Waiting

Today I feel ready and confident...... I had a great training session this morning with Tag and we worked through some issues that I of course was having. He was a really good boy and I need to stay CALM and not Fling my arm ...( damn arms).... especially on discrimation sequences...We had a very nice sequence this morning that led him off the dog walk so he would bottom and I had to send him into the far entrance of the tunnel... not that difficult.. but this morning it seemed like a nightmare...I kept flinging my arm and not turning my shoulders on time so he would enter the wrong end of the tunnel...we wroked through it and it worked better for me addingin a front cross after the dogwalk...I feel much better today about our serpentine's and Threadles... and I need to make sure that when I see them on course next week I realize... HEY these are not a big deal.. I have a tendencey to slightly panic when I see them on course . I took at look at my running order for nationals and on Friday we run Steeple Chase - Round 1 I'm # 74 in group 1 in the 22' class and for round 2 I'm # 74 as well. Saturday we will run a Standard course, Jumpers course and Gamblers Course and I'm # 73 for the day. Sunday I will be # 13.

It was very humid this morning and Amanda, Sarah and I were completely sweating just standing out there... it was good practice for Ottawa.

It felt great to go to Henderson pool this afternoon with Aislyn.. we had such a good time together... she crashed not even 2 minutes later in the car so she will be in a good mood for uncle Lee tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment