Meet Tag

Welcome to my Blog of "TAG" he has brought so much joy to my life. I have learned alot about the sport of AGILITY. Tag is my first Agility dog and when I went Shopping for a strong, driven, fast Border Collie.... BOY OH BOY did I get it. He is very driven, has extreme intensity and is the speed of light. Tag is 4 years old and we have been training together since he was 8 weeks old... I'm very proud of our accomplishments the past 4 years as we had many hurdles to jump. I have been very thankful for the great support system that I have. My team has encouraged me through every training session, every trial and seminar. Plus the support system I have at home makes it all possible :)

Monday, August 23, 2010

Spruce Meadows 2010

The venue was beautiful and the weather held out really well... almost a perfect weekend :0)

Tag and I gained a ton more experience this year with Nationals in our own backyard. We had to learn the hard way a few times during the weekend but by Sunday we were doing well again. We had some bars, missed contacts and some very ugly off courses but all in all we improved 100% from last year.

I won't lie I was very disappointed by Saturday afternoon because my goals could not be met this year, but after I took a break and had a minor mini melt down :0) I felt much better and decided that we are better than this and I went balls out on my standard run Saturday afternoon and we ran really well.

Sunday we were back in the groove and Aced our Gamble, did very good on our Standard run with just one bar and Jumpers was smokin fast but we also had one bar.Huge improvement from Saturday and I was happy walking away knowing the entire weekend was not that bad. I learned what went wrong on our Jumpers run and our Gamble run so I have a better understanding of what I needed to do and what I will do in future with such technicalities.

Friday was definately the highlight day for us.. Tag placed 7th out of 94 in his second steeple chase run of the day. If we hadn't botched the first one at the weave poles we just might have been in the finals. No biggie he has one more steeple chase run to Q on and he has 10.... woo hoo for Taggy

We stayed at Jan and Daves and their hospitality was wonderful... I believe Aaron and Pete enjoyed themselves just as much as apparently they set up their own obstacle course in the shop and decided to barrell race around them at 2am in the morning :0) hahaha

We all had an awesome time and this coming weekend August 28,29 is our Go Dog Go trial and I'm really looking forward to just relaxing with good friends and having fun with Ricky Roo ....

No comments:

Post a Comment