Team Farn ( except one member ) headed to Kimberly on Friday September 11th for an agility trial. We left Wednesday night for Cowley and stayed with mom and dad for a few days and had a great visit. Sarah and Pete met up with us in Cowley friday afternoon and we headed to BC.
I thought I was going to have some full out drama from Aislyn when we left her at Grandma and Grandpa's house.... I even had a back up plan in case there was nothing but tears... BUT I was in shock... I gave her a hug and kiss in the house.. Sarah put her helmet on her and she climbed on the Quad with Grandpa and as we pulled out of the driveway she yelled " BYE MOM.. I LOVE YOU " .... then I was the one with the issue... hahahah
We arrived in Kimberly around 6:30pm....set up camp and chowed down on some yummy taco salad, church potatoes and apple crisp. Sarah gave Aaron and Pete a shirt that she made for them and on the front of it was the word A.S.S ( Agility Spousal Support ) it was so funny....
Aaron and I also celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary as you can see from the pictures.... never thought we would be at an Agility trial for our anniversary :o)
Saturday morning Tag and I had our game face on.. he Q'd and placed first in Advanced Gamblers with 98 points and a time of 52 seconds. I was absoulutely thrilled with him and myself as Gamblers has been a weak point for us (me). Our two Standard runs were very good as well... the second one much better than the first one. He ran it completely clean and when we were ending on the dog walk he fell off the side of it. I didn't see how he fell so I thought he had possibly hurt himself so I ran to him and thankfully he was fine so he went back on it and we finished.
Sunday was a tough day for me... by the end of it I had lost alot of my confidence and was very frustrated and disappointed in myself. Tag did a super job in his Jumpers course and I failed us at the end and I was very upset.... I struggled all day and was second guessing myself which I rarely ever do.
Front Cross's seemed difficult for me... even finding the lines for them... which isn't me at all.....I was to tight on my rear cross which caused two bars to come down.
I had a lengthy discussion with my hubby on the way home and I'm trying to just forget about Sunday and relax and not worry so much about what I did wrong but look at the videos about what I did really well.... and this should freshen up my mind for Medicine Hat this weekend. I'm not a negative person and I need to take some of the pressure of myself in regards to my handling and maybe everything will start to fall into place. Aaron told me I'm being way to serious and the pressure I have on myslef isn't fair to me or Tag... so with that said I know what I need to do and I hope to succeed.
Kimberly was beautiful and the weather was hot during the day and it cooled down at night.. we enjoyed (maybe) the last trip in our tent trailer and (hopefully) will have something new to travel to Kimberly in next year :0)...Had a great visit and some good laughs with my mother and father in law and some great friends that came out to visit.
Aaron had a good time fishing and enjoyed the rivers in BC.. not so much the price of having to fish the rivers but all in all he enjoyed himself with his Dad and Pete
As always the company was lot's of fun and the GO DOG GO group rocked on as usual with many Q's from other member's in our group.
Congrats guys.. great job :o)
Meet Tag
- TAG ALONG
- Welcome to my Blog of "TAG" he has brought so much joy to my life. I have learned alot about the sport of AGILITY. Tag is my first Agility dog and when I went Shopping for a strong, driven, fast Border Collie.... BOY OH BOY did I get it. He is very driven, has extreme intensity and is the speed of light. Tag is 4 years old and we have been training together since he was 8 weeks old... I'm very proud of our accomplishments the past 4 years as we had many hurdles to jump. I have been very thankful for the great support system that I have. My team has encouraged me through every training session, every trial and seminar. Plus the support system I have at home makes it all possible :)
don't beat yourself up. aaron had good advice- you need to go back and look at each run and see what you did great- because even on your jumpers that you are so negative about there were good parts. You have a wonderful dog- and i understand the pressure of running a dog that is better than you. But you and tag have become a great team and you should be very proud of yourselves.
ReplyDeleteOf course there is always lots of room for improvement, and I find myself in the same boat with wicca- sometimes things click and it is perfect, sometimes we scrape by, and sometimes things are just plain awful. but with a dog like ours it is those amazing runs that make it all worthwhile.
medicine hat will be great, you'll see.
Wow Aaron is a good coach :)
ReplyDeleteYou did just fine. I second guess myself sometimes too - "I can't put a cross in there etc etc" but come on, of course I can. Once that self doubt starts, it's REALLY hard to break the pattern. Besides the falling off the dogwalk - those runs were AWESOME!! And the Jumpers run, oh well, hey, the bars stayed up on a 100 ft straight away and the rest of the course. And by the way he is your first Agility dog .... put that in perspective. um ya.
You are in Masters for crying out loud, after 5 trials from when you Startered. You moved out of Advanced in 2 trials - THAT does not happen often with a dog like that. Think about that. THis was your first Masters Trial.
You are a better handler with Tag than you think. You just need to do your job and he'll do his. He never buggers off on you. You have AMAZING control, he doesn't smash through jumps - bars fall, but that is different. With his speed he RARELY misses a weave entry, you have one of the fastest agility dogs out there, and having those things as positive's WITH that speed, is amazing.
He is NOT WICCA, he is NOT GYP ... he is TAG!!!!!!!!!!!
And be proud of that!
.... and pray to your lucky stars that he isn't Kaleb!!!! Though Gambling would be just as fun :)
I was amazed...even if that doesn't mean a lick to you... There is not a more dedicated and loving dog owner than an agility trainer...
ReplyDeleteOh, and that's one sweet ASS!