Everyone says to me " OH JO .. when are you going to have baby number 2 "
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE ARE YOU KIDDING ME
OK... so I get asked this question EVERY SINGLE DAY and everytime I say you know what I have a very active little girl and an extremely crazy dog. I have two children plus Aaron makes three ( LOL ) ....so go sell Crazy somewhere else people we are all full here.
I have a great life, a beautiful,fun,amazing little girl, an incredible husband who supports me and makes me laugh all the time and my boy Tag that has brought me full circle and back many, many times.... what more does a person really need ?
I stuggle with people's theory of "oh you have to have two kids" " she can't be an only child" " what if something happens to you and Aaron then she is left alone "
I understand all these points but really it comes down to what makes me happy, what I want and what I can handle. There is no right or wrong answer ...it's what works and what is best for me and us.
How come nobody is telling me " OH JO " When is puppy number 2 coming ?"
to me this is much more reasonable and easier than a baby....
Everyone that knows me understands how " Loonie " I'am .(hahaha) ..so picture my child being raised that way and my dog being trained that way.... and Aaron ..well he just came that way so there isn't much room for anything more.
I have a busy life with my family and right now it balances really well..... I get the best of both worlds... palying and hanging with Acey and acting like a kid again myself. Training and Trialing Tag more and more all the time...
Right now I have goals for Aislyn and Tag..... Tag is going to get out of Jumpers Starters ...LOL .... kidding my goals for Tag are very, very big....
Aislyn is learning her Alphabet ( try to say it all in sequence) and numbers to 12 right now...
My Goal - Stay Sane
Lifes Awesome :0)
Meet Tag
- TAG ALONG
- Welcome to my Blog of "TAG" he has brought so much joy to my life. I have learned alot about the sport of AGILITY. Tag is my first Agility dog and when I went Shopping for a strong, driven, fast Border Collie.... BOY OH BOY did I get it. He is very driven, has extreme intensity and is the speed of light. Tag is 4 years old and we have been training together since he was 8 weeks old... I'm very proud of our accomplishments the past 4 years as we had many hurdles to jump. I have been very thankful for the great support system that I have. My team has encouraged me through every training session, every trial and seminar. Plus the support system I have at home makes it all possible :)
ummm. I believe that both Sarah and I have asked you when you are getting dog #2. I believe THAT will be much easier than a second baby.
ReplyDeleteAnd Aislyn is perfect- how could you get that perfect again??
great post Jo. Good for you, for knowing your limits and being HAPPY with what you have!!! That is awesome.
ReplyDeleteI get asked when is your FIRST coming? When are you getting a puppy?
You are ahead of me this way. I want both, but neither also, at the same time ... like you I can't imagine being any busier than I am, everything seems to have its place right now.
Aislyn can count to 12 wow, that is great, she will almost be able to run a full Agility course!!! :)
Ya...I hear you Jo! But at the end of the day its exactly what you say...YOU have to be happy! Congrats on your family...I can't wait to get to know all of the members better!
ReplyDeletep.s. I recently found a sure-fire way to end the baby making questions lol! But I definately wouldn't recommend it for everyone lol!
Jo, this is awesome. I love this post. Your perspective is so refreshing and "real."
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate your honesty, and understand where you are coming from, as I often feel that I have spread myself way to thin. . . . not that I would ever trade my girls or my dogs of course:) - but just wish I had more time to fit it all in . . . .
Acey and Tag are so lucky to have such a great Mom (oh - and Aaron too:)
Kristy
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAmen, Sistah! You've said a mouthful...and have spoken for the masses, IMHO.
ReplyDeleteLet's be thankful that we have the luxury of education and free will to choose.
See you soon.
xo
Di