Meet Tag

Welcome to my Blog of "TAG" he has brought so much joy to my life. I have learned alot about the sport of AGILITY. Tag is my first Agility dog and when I went Shopping for a strong, driven, fast Border Collie.... BOY OH BOY did I get it. He is very driven, has extreme intensity and is the speed of light. Tag is 4 years old and we have been training together since he was 8 weeks old... I'm very proud of our accomplishments the past 4 years as we had many hurdles to jump. I have been very thankful for the great support system that I have. My team has encouraged me through every training session, every trial and seminar. Plus the support system I have at home makes it all possible :)

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

IT'S BEEN 6 MONTHS...YIKES

Can you believe that I have not blogged for 6 months.... I can ..hahaha.

Life is so crazy.... I wish I could take a step back and smell the roses (that are buried under snow drifts or ton's of water) I'm going to try harder to start using my blog more but I'm so old style... I write in my agility book each week but I should try to throw some thoughts into my blog once in awhile.

SO.. we have had a very successful 6 months. Tag is AWESOME :0) He is such a good boy and despite a very long winter we still managed to have fun outside and continue to train. He is doing fantastic with his contacts..... A few weeks ago I was tooting my horn to Amanda at practice and said " Watch this " I sent him up the wall and I was at least 18 feet away from him and he nailed his contacts.....This is huge success for us. Back in January, I was at the TT trial and he received his MAD.... I was very thrilled for us. We have two jumpers course to complete and we will have our ATCH...I'm happy for the ride we have had this past year and excited for the months to come. I have been trying to train and work with him at home teaching him treiball...but with the damage done to his nose I'm not sure if this is something we will continue to try... I have to give this more thought. I'm doing this to just have fun in the yard.. and he loves to play volley ball with us but the balls have to be very soft so maybe I can work through it.

The past few months I have noticed a huge change in the relationship between my boy and my girl. It is truly amazing a bond that can occur between kids and dogs. Tag did not care about Aislyn before... she was taught to respect him and do not get in his face and more or less LEAVE him alone....he in return has learned to respect her and it has been the best thing I have ever done. He now sings with her, he will now lay on the bed with her and she gently strokes him while she watches a movie, he will give her the odd kiss if she is sitting on the steps putting her shoe's on and she is so happy when he decides to do this. She has learned to be patient with him and he is coming to her and trusting her so much more. I still never leave them alone or trust either one of them but I can see the bond starting to occur.

I really want another BC but my heart is saying the timing is not right... meanwhile my brain is fighting this saying YES I need another one. We are a very busy family and a BC is a great asset to us but I may have to wait awhile until Aislyn is in school and I do not have a huge payment each month OR maybe I will hit cloud 649 and be Independently wealthy....wooo hooooo... I guess time will tell.

4 comments:

  1. you may be the second worst blogger ever, but you're still awesome. :)

    when we get our Atch's we will for sure have to have a party..I may even get drunk....

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet to watch Tag and his girls;). Maybe sometime you could show/teach me what you do with Trieball...I've thought about doing the same with Neena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha hahaha - I'am the worst blogger..... YES we will get drunk when we get our Atch's...we deserve it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - I'm just in the process of trying very basic things that he already knows.. but that is the start of reinforcing the behaviour...yeah we can chat about it

    ReplyDelete