I haven't blogged in awhile and really haven't felt myself but after getting through some personal and work issues I'm starting to feel that I'm back to normal and once these hives leave me I will be back to business.... and NO I'm not pregnant :o)
Tag and Aislyn have been doing very well and Tag and I have been working in the back yard on some very basic stuff such as " TURNS " at a distance and difficult weave entries. I can't get my weave poles out of the ground or add more to the ground so we have had no choice but to do only entires with 3 weave poles.
I have been doing alot of thinking about his contacts. At my last class he was cheating and jumping off to the side of the dog walk and not touching the yellow. Soooooooo Acey and I are heading to the hardware store this weekend and we are going to create a master piece to help Tag stay some what straight at the end of the dog walk. My goal for him is to understand that no matter what I do ...lateral movement, forward movement or if I'm behind he needs to bottom at the very bottom of the dog walk. Will see how this goes !!! :0)
I sometimes find myself talking to Aislyn about my perdicaments in regards to training and she just looks at me so innocently and say's " Mom, don't worry it's not a big deal..Tag is a good boy" It really melts my heart that she can see the big picture at only 3 years old.
I have also been thinking about the teeter....and he needs to understands where he is suppose to FLOOR on...( lay down ) I have thought about using duct tape and his frisbee and tape it to where he needs to be so he has something to relate his position to. Not sure if this will work but it is worth a shot and maybe someone will have more ideas once I start trying it. I might even have to bring out the big gun and bring YELLOW to training as he loves agility and loves his yellow ball so maybe this will help him.... not sure but I have lots of time to figure it out and practice.
I can't wait to get back outside and train alot more. These winter months have been so long and very dreary but we have had some beautiful lately and that definatley helps everyone's mood.
Meet Tag
- TAG ALONG
- Welcome to my Blog of "TAG" he has brought so much joy to my life. I have learned alot about the sport of AGILITY. Tag is my first Agility dog and when I went Shopping for a strong, driven, fast Border Collie.... BOY OH BOY did I get it. He is very driven, has extreme intensity and is the speed of light. Tag is 4 years old and we have been training together since he was 8 weeks old... I'm very proud of our accomplishments the past 4 years as we had many hurdles to jump. I have been very thankful for the great support system that I have. My team has encouraged me through every training session, every trial and seminar. Plus the support system I have at home makes it all possible :)
No comments:
Post a Comment